Cargo pre-loading surveys
Cargo pre-shipment survey service is to check condition of cargo, checking the condition of packing and packaging, quantity tally, weigh of random checking (for bags), monitoring to the loading operation into transportation (containers, vessel), monitoring to lashing, securing of cargo, packages together each and into monitoring to and related activities aimed at preventing to damage and / or loss caused to the goods before loading time and during loading period.
In most contracts of carriage, the ship-owners’ responsibilities begin at the time of loading and it is therefore important to inspect the cargo at this stage. Pre-shipment inspection of cargo is intended to determine and document the condition of the cargo at before loading and during loading time.
This Pre-loading survey services carried out by our surveyors / AIM Control on behalf of owners’ representatives under requirement and instruction of the owners depending on the trade and nature of the cargo. It is at this time that decisions have to be made, if the cargo is not as described in the shipping documentation, whether to reject the cargo or accept the cargo and adequately describe any differences on the mates’ receipts and bills of lading. Our surveyors will be early notification of any deficiencies to the shippers is desirable together with owner’s intentions on rejection of the cargo or clausing the mate’s receipts and bills of lading.
In many instances loading operations commence immediately upon the ship’s arrival and there is little time for the ship’s personnel to inspect the cargo. The ship’s personnel will be unfamiliar with the port and the system of loading; they will not know the agents, who almost always will be the charterer’s agents, and they will be put under pressure by the charterers and possibly a cargo superintendent employed by the charterer to load their ship as quickly as possible. It is in these circumstances that please contact with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, cell: +84903615612 to be provided pre-loading survey or discharging supervision services by our local surveyor can be most useful for you to prevent the damage and/loss of cargo.
If owners decide they require our surveyor to attend their ship to carry out a pre-loading survey then the instructions given should be comprehensive, precise and given as early as possible allowing sufficient time for the surveyor to conduct an efficient survey. An instruction that the surveyor should ‘carry out a preloading survey’ is inadequate and leaves the surveyor in doubt as to how far our surveyor’s duties extend.
Relevant details in the contracts of carriage (charter parties)
● Clauses relating to damaged cargo, e.g. sometimes clauses state that damaged cargo should not be loaded or that specific clausing only is permitted on the bills of lading.
● Clauses relating to the responsibility for loading and stowage.
● Clauses relating to the issue of the mate’s receipts and bills of lading.
Precise instructions on the survey
● Whether the cargo should be inspected on the quay just before loading or in the transit shed or elsewhere prior to the ship’s arrival etc. The nature of the cargo and time factor will probably determine this. In many cases the owners, charterer or ship’s agent will not know where the cargo is stored in the port or when it is to be delivered. In this case our surveyor should be instructed to survey all cargo to be loaded as near to the time of shipment as possible.
● Information to be given to the master before the signing of the mate’s receipts and whether our surveyor should formulate suitable clauses relating to any damage. Usually our surveyor should be advised to be present when the master signs the shipping documents. At this time our surveyor can assist with any language problems and any disputes with shippers, agents or charterers in the clausing of mate’s receipts and/or bill of lading.
Other additional our services connected with loading
● our surveyors will carry out Inspection of ship’s hatchcovers and ship’s ventilation system and this should be reported in a separate report or confidential side letter. (This is to avoid any adverse information being disclosed if the pre-loading report is used in a cargo dispute).
● Advising the master on loading, stowage and securing.
● Monitoring the loading, stowage and securing.
● Advising and reporting on handling damage caused by stevedores.
● Advising on the tallying of the cargo and the issue of cargo documentation.
● Advising if the cargo can be loaded in rain. If early instructions are given, our surveyor will have time to contact the agents and stevedores to find out the exact nature of the cargo, when it is arriving at the loading berth, and the proposed stowage on the ship. Most shipowners will be aware that our competent surveyor for a ‘precautionary’ pre-loading survey in certain circumstances can eliminate or reduce problems and claims and the money spent is well worthwhile.
Contact us to see how AIM Control can help your organization with Cargo Pre-loading survey Services in Cargo transportation of AIM Control.
The following is one of the cargo pre-loading survey evidence carried out by our loading surveyors, superviors and tally-men team upon loading of cargo on board of vessel anchored in port of Vietnam.
The followings also are Cargo Inspection Services before loading
Cargo Inspection Services occurs during critical pre-production, production, final production, loading into containers, vessel, transportation, custody transfer and storage operations, discharging, damage, loss and claim. With a long track record of experience and success, AIM Control has been providing cargo inspection services for many decades. AIM Control is a member of IFIA* and performs cargo inspection services to global industry standards and other recognized criteria.
Cargo Inspection Services of AIM Control is consisted of 03 following steps:
Step 1: Cargo Inspection Services of AIM Control carried out at the premise/vendor /source suppliers
Measuring cargo quantity and quality, Commodity cargos inspected and tested:
- Audit factory services, product audit services, product verification/audit services
- Initial production inspection services or pre-production inspection services
- During production inspection services or in progress production inspection services
- Final inspection services (80% to 100%)
- 100% full inspection services or pre-shipment inspection services
- Quantity and quality, Commodity cargos inspected and tested
- Sampling, Sealing, collecting document of shipment
We also provide the defect product inspection services and following up re-inspection
Step 2: Cargo Loading Supervision Services of AIM Control carried out at departure as the premise/vendor /source, loading port and place of exporters, suppliers
- Cargo Container loading supervision services
- Cargo Vessel loading supervision services
- Tally services
- Lasing and securing supervision services
- Suitable container inspection services for transportation
- Suitable vessel, ship inspection services for transportation
- Sealing and securing inspection services before departure
Step 3: Cargo Inspection Services of AIM Control carried out at destination as discharging port, warehouse of consignee, buyers, and import countries
- Witness Breaking seals, Unlashing, unlock . . .
- Cargo Container un-stuffing/discharging supervision services
- Cargo Vessel discharging supervision
- Tally services
- Prevention loss/damage supervision services during discharging
- Out-turn cargo inspection/survey services
- Cargo Container Damage inspection/survey services
- Cargo Vessel Damage Survey/Inspection services
- Claim cargo inspection/ survey services
- Sampling and testing services
*International Federation of Inspection Agencies.
Tally & Loss Prevention Services of Cargoes on board of vessel
We are an Independent Inspectors, surveyors and experts providing inspection services, expediting services, testing, QA/QC, Cargo Survey, Marine survey, Certification based in all of ports of Vietnam, China, India, Korea, Singapore & Asia, Italy, Germany, U.K Russia & Europe, the Middle East, Brazil, Chile, Argentina & ect., Anywhere of Countries to protect your orders in good condition. Email: email@example.com, cell: +84903615612, www.aimcontrolgroup.com.
Contact us to see how AIM Control can help your organization with Cargo Inspection Services.